​”CELTIC HELD TO RANSOM! Oxlade-Chamberlain Issues SHOCK Final Demand as Arsenal Prepare to HIJACK Sensational Parkhead Move!”

ISTANBUL, TURKEY – APRIL 3: Alex Oxlade Chamberlain of Besiktas looks on during the Turkish Super League match between Besiktas and Goztepe on April 3, 2025 in Istanbul, Turkey. (Photo by Ahmad Mora/Getty Images)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has made it clear that regular football is his top priority as he edges closer to a potential move to Celtic.

The 32-year-old remains a free agent after leaving Besiktas last summer and has been training at Arsenal while weighing up his next step. Celtic have shown strong interest in the former England international and are believed to be making progress in discussions as they look to secure his signature.

Arsenal are also understood to be considering a short-term deal for the midfielder as injuries mount during their Premier League title push. Even so, the chance of consistent game time north of the border appears to be a major factor drawing Oxlade-Chamberlain towards Glasgow.

Talks with Celtic are said to be moving in the right direction, with the club keen to finalise any agreement before Thursday’s Europa League squad submission deadline. That cut-off comes ahead of Celtic’s knockout clash with Stuttgart, with the first leg scheduled for February 19 at Parkhead.

Speaking to The Athletic late last year, Oxlade-Chamberlain underlined what he is looking for from his next club.

“I want to play,” he said. “I don’t feel old, I’m fit and I still have that hunger. I believe I can contribute on the pitch and also set standards in how to train and behave on and off it.

“I’m at a stage now where I’ve played for big clubs, won trophies and worked with top managers. I understand the game far better than I did when I first came through.”

When asked recently about the possibility of re-signing the midfielder, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta kept the door open, saying only: “We explore every option.”

Celtic manager Martin O’Neill also addressed the situation during a Sky Sports interview with Chris Sutton, confirming contact had been made.

“He’s training at Arsenal just now,” O’Neill said. “They may even offer him something. I was surprised he hadn’t been picked up sooner. He spoke about the challenges he faced in Turkey, but a player with that level of experience would be a real asset.

“He’s out of contract, so it could still happen.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *